Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Fidgets

Today was a tough day. I took the boys to church. I was looking forward to hearing the sermon. I was hoping that I would find some direction. This has been a busy news week for the Catholic faithful as we watch Pope Benedict visit the Holy Land, and Notre Dame prepare for President Obama. The week has carried with it a level of anticipation and contradiction.

My boys had the wiggles. So it was hard to hear, or concentrate on, the mass and the sermon. The best I can tell you, is that today's message was one of love, and respect. The gospel was John 15:9-17, "love one another as I love you". There was no direct mention of the Pope or Obama. It was a good message, a good direction. Just not was I was looking for. Yet, time and time again, we find the best in unexpected packages. I am sure it was just what I needed, especially sitting with three fidgety boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment