Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What can I say?

How can I avoid mentioning Notre Dame? I want to write about other things, but this Sundays display at Notre Dame invades my thoughts. The pictures of Catholic protests on a Catholic campus, the arrests, all of it is sensational. YIKES!

I have respect for President Obama. He is the President. I am rooting for him. I hope that he pulls us out of this economic, and international mess that the last administration put us in. I don't agree with everything he has said and done. We all know his views on abortion. With pro life being at the foundation of Catholic belief, I just don't see how the administration at Notre Dame thought this would be a good idea. They had to know they were inviting protest, media frenzy, contradiction. Is this what they were hoping for? Priests and Lay people on the 5:00 news being arrested on their campus. Did they think that the President would come to speak on a Catholic campus and no one would mention the *A* word? They knew this would grab attention, and they didn't care what came with it. I feel like we have all been exploited.

If the goal was to bring attention to the issue. It was there. They provided the stage and the spot light. Where was the support?

No comments:

Post a Comment