Thursday, July 16, 2009

Spring Cleaning in the Summer

The past two days have been too hot to work and play outside. The boys have been busy playing in the house. I've been getting into closets and cluttered spaces trying to create some since of order around here. I have two big boxes of clothes and toys that we don't need anymore.

My internal struggle is this... donate, or have my first ever garage sale. It would not take much to have enough for a garage sale. Odd pieces of furniture, more toys, more clothes, Christmas decorations. The list is long of the things we own and don't need.

I have to admit I am a little intimidated by the idea of holding a garage sale. Taking all of this outside. People coming to my house and looking at my stuff, evaluating it's worth. Friends, neighbors, strangers, dickering with me over the price. It seems like a lot of work and worry. I know lots of people do this every summer with no trouble. (Well, not that they are not any trouble, I am sure hosting a garage sale is full of effort.) Any advise?

No comments:

Post a Comment