Monday, July 27, 2009

a few kind words


The other day I was searching for a word to describe myself. I was fumbling over the word shy. It was not a perfect fit, but the best I could manage in the moment. A friend was standing next to me and saw my struggle. He piped up "Barb, you're low key. That's the best description I can come up with." I smiled and agreed.

I find myself looking around my life realizing how true those words are. Low Key.... Low key is my preferred lifestyle. Thanks Jas for the insight. Why are there times others can see us better then we see ourselves? Sometimes I feel like I am living in a Monet Painting. Standing too close and only seeing the blotches of color whirling around me. If only I could take a few steps back, look again, and see the picture with more clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment