Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our little garden is going to grow....

My pot garden....uhmmmm....I should say..... my container garden.... is going well.

I am very happy with the upkeep. Watering is easy, and weeding is even easier!
The tomato's are doing well. You can see we have buds and a tiny tomato.





I have to say, these are odd looking green peppers. They are suppose to be California Green Peppers. I think someone switched the sign at the garden shop.




















So this is interesting news. You see what kind of gardener I am. If you go back (to July 7th and 12th) in the blog you saw what kind of projects my husband gets into. (we are a bit of ying and yang aren't we?) Well.... He just ordered 1 pound of pumpkin seeds. He has it in mind that we will harvest them and sell them for Halloween. OK! I need prayers.


In truth, everything I plant is with a prayer. A prayer that God will help that seed grow. I am always amazed that a tiny seed, planted with a little care, can grow out of the ground and produce something special. In all honesty, there are more luck and prayers that influence my gardening then science. I grew up on a farm, and a lot of prayers. My Dad understands the science behind farming, and he offers me a lot of great advice. In the end we all know the weather is not in our control. We do not make the sun shine, or the rain come when it is needed. We can protect against weeds and insects, but things do not always go as planed. I think that is why farmers tend to be faith filled people. They are in touch with the seasons and the elements. Everyday miracles are the basis for their living and well being.

Oh, I don't know how this will turn out. Deadline and all! We will use the science that we know, but it will take luck and prayers to make this work. I don't mean to sound pessimistic or worried. I just know this will be a lot of work. I would like it if my husbands childhood dream of having a farm went well. However it turns out, I am sure there will be some good stories to tell. After all the journey can be as important as the destination.

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Barb. I think you have it right - farmers are faith-filled people. They readily recognize that their efforts may be great, but God's effort is essential for a good harvest.

    ReplyDelete