Thursday, June 4, 2009

Wrinkles Away

I don’t know how this happened. I found myself buying anti-wrinkle cream. Now I have started a new routine of applying the cream and waiting for results. I am skeptical and hopeful all at the same time.

I can remember when I was little, asking my Mom about the Oil of Olay on her bathroom counter top. She told me it was suppose to keep the wrinkles away. I remember thinking that I didn’t want any of her smile lines or crinkles to wash away. That was part of what made her my Mom. I loved the way she looked and how soft her face and hands were. Now here I am 30 years later, doing the same thing. Funny, she had smile lines, I have frown marks. I am sure I got these marks on my brow from giving disapproving looks to boys who teas too much. I guess Mom was right, your face can freeze like that. :)

My oldest son, John, has reached an age where he can read. While we were brushing our teeth, he was taking note of everything on the sink. He asked me what anti-wrinkle cream does. So I told him what it does. Can you believe this sweet boy told me I didn’t have any wrinkles? He is going to make a wonderful husband someday. Then I started to think, maybe it is those special rose colored glasses we wear with the ones we love. Everything looks softer, and more beautiful with them. We just won’t see them any other way.

PS. All in all, I think this cream is working. It was $52.00 Clinique repairwear deep wrinkle concentrate for all skin types. Of course, if I had more of John's rose colored glasses. If I could just have a secrete stash of those special glasses in my purse that I could hand out to everyone I met. I wouldn't need the cream, and I would probably look 15 pounds lighter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment