Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kitchen Table Wisdom


The other day I found my self sitting at a friend's kitchen table. Three ladies sharing tid-bits of our summer. Passing back and forth a bit of wisdom, as we talk about the struggles that go along with being a mom, a wife, a friend. The time passed too quickly. As we stood up to leave, my friend suggested a book, "Kitchen Table Wisdom". I am on the look out for that book. With any luck I will find it before my birthday. As I type this I am sitting at my kitchen table. It is probable the most functional piece of furniture in our house. As I grow older I am coming to realize how much I enjoy having friends in the kitchen. It changes your pace, and widens your focus. I certainly could use more Kitchen Table Wisdom in my life.
("Sitting around the table telling stories is not just a way of passing time. It is the way the wisdom gets passed along. The stuff that helps us to live a life worth remembering."
- Kitchen Table Wisdom; Stories that heal by Rachel Naomi Remen")

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I found your blog on themomblogs.com, and wanted to invite you to "like" the new Missouri Mom Bloggers page on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/aiDZZ8)! I look forward to following your blog :)

    Corrianna C.
    webmaster@southernmother.com
    http://southernmother.com

    ReplyDelete