Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Unexpected renewal


The running theme in my life is: Unexpected renewal.
The picture above is the perfect example. A tree fell on our swing set. At first my heart sank as I looked at the damage. My next thought was how we could rebuild. I am hoping we will be able to go to the lumber yard soon. With this unexpected destruction, we have the opportunity to replace it with something stronger and better.
Every spring I turn over the dirt in my garden to get rid of the weeds, and soften the ground. I throw aside the rocks, raked the rough ground until it was smooth. Then I add a little fertilizer, and finally plant the seedlings.
Sometimes God does the same in my life. Things get disturbed, and out of place. With work we smooth out the rough spots, throw out the distractions, then do the work that will ready ourselves for harvest. Sometimes you have to let go and let God.

No comments:

Post a Comment