Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sunday Fidgets

The church was so full on Sunday. The only seats left were the little red stools in the back corner. The ones that are just the right size for a second grader. They are completely out of place. They don't match the decor, their size is awkward, and you can't see anything if you sit in them. There is probably a story that goes along with why they are in the corner. As I sat there I couldn't help but to think this is a taste of purgatory. Can you picture me? Sitting in "The seats of purgatory", listening to the mass. I was just happy I have a seat, in the warm church. I was happy I could listen, even if I couldn't see. However, I have to say I really wanted to be in the bench with a kneeler. I was secretly hoping the guy in the bench next to me would scoot over and make a little room.

The sermon was based on the first reading. "I am your Lord, and you are my people."

Note taken: That includes me and you no matter where we are.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    I just wanted to invite you to "Kids say the darndest things Friday" blog hop at:
    http://mysticalrosedesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-signature_19.html
    We’d love to have you join the fun and share your stories. I’m sure that you have some real gems!
    In Christ,
    Molly

    ReplyDelete